The complexity of the planning process for a printed circuit board involves choosing and determining the optimal placement and connection of components based on various connection options. The primary criteria for determining the positions are the total length of links, uniform distribution of components on the circuit board, relative connection ratio, etc.
PCB Layout of a Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
NTI Electronics provides high-quality, personalized PCB Layout services. The NTI engineers and developers have years of experience working daily with circuit board design and editing. This enables them to optimally find unique engineering solutions customized to the customer’s final product.
In the CRS Workshop by NTI Electronics, the company’s electromechanical engineers provide customized circuit board planning and editing. The meticulous design of the circuit board ensures its compatibility with the system as a whole and its optimal performance over time. The circuit board, the heart of the system, must meet the highest quality standards to ensure its performance and reliability.
Existing Methods For Designing and Editing Printed Circuit Boards (PCB):
- Manual editing of a printed circuit board – the engineer manually places the components on the circuit in this method. This is the most prolonged process and requires the most effort.
- Automatic editing of circuits – in this case, a dedicated computer program arranges the components according to predefined conditions. The circuit developer performs the required changes in the automated editing process and updates, if necessary, the data defined in the source.
- Interactive/integrated editing of circuits – in this method, the CAD editing software guides the connection paths. It retains basic placement rules while the engineer determines the order of operations in the tricky sections on the board.
Particular highlights to be adhered to during the design and editing process of a PCB
The technical requirements defined in advance must be implemented and considered during a printed circuit board’s design and editing process. For optimal results, the developer should pay attention to the connection lengths between components and maintain the minimum possible distances between them, the thicknesses of the covers, and more.
Key Stages of a PCB Development
The development, design, and editing of a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) involve several key technological stages:
- Placement of all components on the printed board.
- Determining the paths and connection method of the conductors on the board.
- Testing the board according to the pre-defined technical requirements and updating the board accordingly.
The Basic Recommendations For Editing a High-Quality Printed Circuit Board (PCB) of NTI Electronics are:
- Maintaining the minimum possible connection length.
- Maintaining the unity of the polygons.
- Placing components vertically and horizontally on different sides of the board, Maintaining an optimal conductor thickness. Thus, the conductors have low currents, and the analog signal thickness is about 0.25 microns.
- Ensuring maximum accuracy in determining the connection and conductor curvatures relative to the connection area.
- Controlling the performance level of the designed circuit board according to mandatory requirements. In this context, the review is performed using dedicated modules.